Cyril Bristow was born in Stamford, Lincolnshire in the summer of 1912
to William and Mary Bristow. Cyril had two older sisters, Mollie and Mildred.
In 1921 the family were living at 2 Bentley Street, Stamford.
He married Elizabeth Mary Doel in Chelsea in the spring of 1934.
They lived at 47 House Lane, Arlesey, Bedfordshire.
In 1940 Cyril joined the Royal Artillery.
He died as the result of an accident on 8th January 1943.
Cyril rests in the churchyard extension of
St. Nicholas Church,
He is also remembered on the Stamford School roll of hour
and on the Arlesey war memorial in Bedfordshire.
St. Nicholas Churchyard Extension, Hurst
Rest in peace
They shall not grow old,
as we that are left grow old.
Age shall not weary them,
nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun,
and in morning
We will remember them.